– Your cPanel presentation may differ from the presentation in this article.
– If your store is installed in a subfolder and you want to use SEO URL, refer to Enable SEO URL K.B. here.
1. Login to your cPanel and you should see:
2. Click File Manager.
3. Click settings.
4. Check Show Hidden Files (dotfiles) if it’s not checked yet.
5. Click Save button.
6. Click on public_html, and if you install AbanteCart inside a folder, you should see the following image, but if you install AbanteCart inside the root, you can directly jump to number 7:
7. Left click on the installation folder.
8. Right click your mouse on the on .htaccess.txt.
9. Click Rename and you will see:
10. Rename .htaccess.txt to .htaccess.
11. Click Rename File.
12. The .htaccess file is now enabled.