Google reCAPTCHA protects your website from fraud and abuse without creating friction.
Admin – Obtain reCAPTCHA Keys
1. Open https://www.google.com/recaptcha/about/ then click v3 Admin Console.
2. Label: Enter the label name. A label to help you identify your site in the future.
3. reCAPTCHA type: Select the reCAPTCHA type that you want to use.
4. Domains: Enter the domain(s) that you want to apply the reCAPTCHA to. Your registration is restricted to the domains you enter here, plus any subdomains. In other words, a registration for example.com also registers subdomain.example.com. A valid domain requires a host and must not include any path. port, query or fragment.
|Specified domain||Website domain||Will reCAPTCHA work?|
5. Owners: A list of email addresses that will have ownership rights over the site key. Each email address must be associated with a Google account. Refer here for how to create Google account without gmail account.
6. Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service: Check this checkbox to agree to the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service.
7. Send alerts to owners: Check this checkbox to receive alerts if Google detects problems with your site, such as a misconfiguration or an increase in suspicious traffic.
8. Click Submit.
9. Click this button to copy the site key.
10. Click this button to copy the secret key.
|Note for number 11: This is what the settings page looks like.
11. Click Settings if you want to change the settings, such as adding owners, disable google alert.
|Note for number 12: This is what the analytics page looks like.
12. Click Analytics to go to the dashboard.
13. Go to System → Settings → General.
14. Captcha on create account form: Turn ON if you want to show captcha on account creation form.
15. Enable reCaptcha v3: Turn ON if you want to use reCaptcha v3.
16. Google reCAPTCHA Site Key: Enter the site key that you have obtained from field number 9 above here.
17. Google reCAPTCHA Secret Key: Enter the secret key that you have obtained from field number 10 above here.
18. Click this button to do a quick save.
This is what the reCAPTCHA looks like in homepage.
Create Account Page
This is what the reCAPTCHA looks like in create account page if you enable the Captcha on create account form setting in System → Settings → General. Refer to General Settings K.B field number 21 here.