You can save knowledge base article(s) to Microsoft OneNote by using the OneNote Web Clipper and print to PDF or your printer. Follow the following steps for how to obtain and use the browser extension.
A. Download OneNote Web Clipper:
1. Visit https://www.onenote.com/clipper.
2. Click the Get OneNote Web Clipper button.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions that are displayed for the particular Web browser that you’re using.
4. If prompted, acknowledge any security messages to give OneNote Web Clipper permission to work with your browser.
B. Configure the OneNote Web Clipper:
- Click Sign in with a Microsoft account if you want to use the OneNote Web Clipper with a personal account like Outlook.com, Live.com, or Hotmail.com. For best results, use the same account that you’re already using with OneNote.
- Click Sign in with a work or school account if you want to use the OneNote Web Clipper with an account given to you by your work organization or school.
3. If prompted, confirm the requested application permissions for the OneNote Web Clipper. You can later change these application permissions at any time in your Account Settings.
C. Using OneNote Web Clipper:
The OneNote Web Clipper automatically detects the type of website content you want to capture — an article, a recipe, or a product page. We recommend you to select Article instead of Full Page to have a better layout.
1. Open the page that contains what you want to clip to OneNote, right click anywhere within the article and then click the OneNote Web Clipper icon.
2. In the small OneNote Web Clipper window, do any of the following (where available):
- Click Full Page or Region if you want to capture the current Web page (or a selected region of it) to your notebook as a screenshot image. These options preserve the content you’re clipping in exactly the way it appears.
- Click Article, Recipe, or Product if you want to save the current Web page to your notebook as editable text and images. When you select any of these options, you can use the buttons at the top of the preview window to highlight selected text, change between a serif and sans-serif font style, and increase or decrease the default text size.
3. Click the Location drop-down menu, and then select the notebook section where the clipped Web page should be saved. The list includes all notebooks that you have stored on your OneDrive account, including any shared notebooks. You can click to expand any notebook in the list to see its available sections.
4. Click Add a note if you want to give the captured information more context for later. This step is optional, but the additional note can be useful as a note or reminder to yourself (for example, “Follow up with Samantha about these product specs!”), or as a way to provide information to others who are reading it in a shared notebook (for example, “Hey everyone, check out this article I found!”).
5. Click Clip to send the captured information to OneNote.
6. Click View in OneNote to view the saved clip.
D. Print Article:
1. Click File.
3. Click Print This Page.
4. Select Destination: Select the destination that you want to print to.
5. Finally click save if you print to PDF or click print if you want to print using your printer.