|The links will open in a new tab on Google Support.|
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments, collectively known as tags, on your website or mobile app. Once the small segment of Tag Manager code has been added to your project, you can safely and easily deploy analytics and measurement tag configurations from a web-based user interface. Learn more here.
Admin – Obtain Google Tag Manager ID
1. Open https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/tag-manager/ and click Start for free.
2. Account Name: Enter your account name.
3. Country: Select the country.
4. Share data anonymously with Google and others: Check the checkbox if you want to share data.
5. Container name: Enter the container name, e.g., your website URL without http:// or https:// prefix. This is for internal use so you can easily find the container based on your website URL.
6. Target platform: Select Web.
7. Click the Create button.
8. Check the checkbox.
9. Click Yes.
10. Click OK.
11. This is your Google Tag Manager ID.
Storefront – Check Google Tag Manager
1. Right-click your mouse anywhere on the page you are on.
2. Click View Source.
3. Search for the Google Tag Manager ID that you obtained previously. Refer to Search For Anything On A Web Page K.B. here.
4. This is the Google Manager Tag code.