|Important Notes: On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will no longer process data. You’ll be able to see your Universal Analytics reports for a period of time after July 1, 2023. However, new data will only flow into Google Analytics 4 properties. Learn more here.|
|The links will open in a new tab on Google Support.|
Universal Analytics is the earlier version of Analytics and only supports web measurement. You need a “UA- ” Tracking ID; follow the instructions here for more information about Google Analytic.
This also enables basic e-commerce activity tracking. You must enable e-commerce tracking in Google on the profile settings page for your website.
|Universal Analytics property will be named “Example (UA-1234567)” and your Google Analytics 4 property will be named “Example – GA4 (98765432)”.|
Obtain Universal Google Analytics 4 Code
|Notes: The following steps are created per Feb 24, 2023.|
1. Open here and click the Sign in to Analytics.
2. Click Start measuring.
3. Enter Account Name: Enter the desired account name.
4. Select the account data sharings.
5. Click Next.
6. Property Name: Enter the property name. In Google Analytics, a property is a website, mobile application, or blog, etc., that is associated with a unique tracking ID.
7. Reporting time zone: select the country, timezone, and currency.
8. Click Next.
9. Industry category: Select your industry.
10. Business Size: Select your business size.
11. How do you intend to use Google Analytics with your business? (Check all that apply): Select your purpose for using Google Analytics.
12. Click Create to create the property.
13. Select your country. By default, Google automatically selects the country based on your location.
14. Check the checkbox.
15. Click I Accept.
16. Click Data Streams.
17. Click Web.
18. Website URL: Enter your store URL here.
19. Stream Name: Enter the stream name. It is for internal use only.
20. Click the 4+ more link to view +4 more to see additional measuring methods.
21. Click here to see the full list of available enhanced measurements.
22. Click Create Stream button.
23. Click View Tag Instruction to obtain the google tag code that will be used in your cart.
24. Click the Install Manually tab.
25. This is the Google Tag code.
26. Click this button to copy the entire Google Tag code.
27. Click the X button to close the instruction.
Admin – Add To HTML Block
1. Create a HTML Block. Refer to HTML Block K.B. here.
2. Paste the Google Tag code that you obtained earlier.
3. Add the html block to the desired page layout. Refer to Page Layouts K.B. here.
Storefront – Check If Google Tag Installed
1. Right-click your mouse anywhere on the page that you assign the html block to.
2. Click View Source.
3. Search for gtag. Refer to Search For Anything On A Web Page K.B. here.
4. This is Google Tag that you have installed.